Hope or being hopeful is a state of being and believing.
I live in a mindset of being hopeful! It keeps me expecting the best our of life and it keeps me motivated to stay the course for my goals and dreams.
I hopeful that each day will be better than before.
I am hopeful that my faith in God will sustain me even when I become doubtful and fearful.
I am hopeful that the people I surround myself with have my best interest at heart.
I am hopeful that the best is yet to come.
I encourage you to say out loud what you are hopeful for and live with an intentional heart.
Happy Friday Everyone!
I hope today you woke up feeling powerful, amazing and more than enough! Ready to soar in your personal awesomeness!!!
My name is Kimberly Walker the Founder & CEO of Curves Beautifully Empowered and this is Focus Friday! Our topic today is: Our Determination Informs Our Future!
The best way for me to explain is to share my story about 2014.
In 2014 I contracted a staph infection that almost took my life. It started with a pain in my shoulder that turn from nagging to raging pain. I wanted to go home and ice it or warm it. Just get me home was all I was thinking!
Got home it became worse. My legs swelled and in need for relief I asked my sister for luke warm water so I could soak my tight feet and after immersing it, my feet blister within seconds. My father said, you have an infection
To the ER I went and within 2 hours I was on the surgery table, my family not knowing what fate I would have but they are Godly people who love Jesus and they prayed for me along with my church family others who were called upon.
While in semi-unconsciousness for 8 days, I fought for my life between a dark and light. And I remember wanting to scream out and telling God that, I am not ready yet, there is so much to be done. I have so much purpose.
The 8th day I came full to consciousness and look around to see my family and close friends. Flowers and balloons.
I was also fully informed that I didn’t have insurance through my employer AND I knew I only had 2 ½ months left of employment. Oh and I was entered in to the American Beauties Plus Pageant for April! I had to decide was I going to let that moment define me or will I define this moment with determination to conquer this challenge
Four the next week I made small commitments to myself to:
Regain my ability to walk and have balance.
Mentally practicing my steps/turns to compete.
Work on my interviewing skills.
Go back to work and close out my job to the best of my ability. *Note my mom was over my employer and came to my center every day! Lol.
When people showed me who they were in their speech and actions, I believed them.
I kept my mindset positive and spirted with determination.
I kept my daily prayer and devotion life tight to increase my strength.
These things propelled me to get on a flight with my sister friends and family to Atlanta, and compete and win a national crown.
My determination informs my future, it shapes my victory and my intentional action seals the deal.
Thank you for stopping by to check out my chat about Building Bridges Over Barriers today. Unfortunately Facebook live was not working for me so you can only catch it on Periscope.
For those who are new my page, my name is Kimberly Walker and I am the CEO & Founder of Curves Beautifully Empowered. My passion and purpose is to inspire and empower people to soar into their personal awesomeness!!!! You can always find me here but also on Periscope: kimberlyjwalker, Facebook: /kimjwalker and Instagram: Kimberlywalkercbe!
So here are a few thoughts I have about creating bridges in life so you can be successful in whatever it is in life that you want to pursue.
BUILDING BRIDGES OVER BARRIERS
1. Have the right mindset! In other words, get yo mind right!!! Tell yourself “I will conquer this barrier!” everyday and any moment you feel fear and doubt creeping over your shoulder. Also make sure that you are thinking outside of the box! Yes as a matter of fact don’t stay in the box, think outside of it, go around it and flip that mofo OVER! You don’t have time to be boxed in and limited. The biggest barrier starts with your mindset.
2. Do the work! Research it! Find out who has achieved what you desire in your life. Seek out “think partners” who will stretch you beyond what you can see. Seek out mentors! And not the mentors who just want to say that they have mentees. Find a mentor who will help hold your hand at times and share resources. And when you find these folks, make sure you align yourself with them. That means also investing in yourself and using those coins to pay for their time. Most successful folks love to share but time is also money and there has to be a balance so be ready to invest in what you seek. But most importantly build authentic relationships in life will make you or break you.
3. Don’t stop until you get your yes. NO is temporary! No is a line that you can step over to get your yes!. NO for me equals New Options! It just an opportunity for me to figure out what else is other there. To figure out, what is missing. That is why I use vision boards to keep me focused on my goals and no matter what walls or barriers pop up I am still focused with time lines and deadlines.
Until next Friday, God Bless!!!
To me being a respectful human being means that I value myself and others. And because I do I have boundaries and take care in the way I speak and how I behave in public and behind closed doors.
Bottom line when you walk in a respectful nature you take care in how you represent yourself in all manners of life. A respectful human being pays attention to what is going on at the surface and looking to dig deeper.
Superficial is often not being real with oneself, it is not speaking the truth or your truth. It really is not being honest about your feelings and motives in the words you say and the way you behave in your actions!
I feel like this is an epidemic.
So how do you know the difference? How do we stay authentic?
Take your time to get to know people. Why are you rushing it? What will be lost if you set aside time to have some real conversations and get to know people’s heart?
And while you are having these conversations, make sure your ears are open and eyes seeing the reflection of their speech in their actions and interactions.
Your people pleasing ways will always get in your way. I know go ahead and say it! I am bothered and I don’t care what people think. Ummmhmmm many say that but if you are not invited to an event, or the right people didn’t like your post or you’re not the go to person for XY & Z….Can you sit with that?
Can you stand being unliked? Because if you cannot then you are more than likely living a lavishly superficial lifestyle and you lack the truth tellers in your life that will help keep you grounded.
Queens know Queens and Kings know Kings…meaning you know when you meet someone if you are of the same cloth, have the same vibe, of the same spirit AND so you really know when you are not! Which means when you are pressing to force a relationship to happen for whatever benefit you THINK you will get…you might as well be pouring salt into koolaid…it will never be sweet.
In other words, follow favor. You are doing yourself an injustice of trying to fit into where you are not wanted. To force a connection or a door that is not open to you. Listen, you know and they know the right connection is not there and so it will be a fake, false, superficial union that will never serve you well.
When it is all said and done you must look in the mirror and feel good about the person you are…the person you are becoming. We should all strive to become better respectful human beings.
Tickets will be sold at the door.
$10 General Admission
$15 Premier Admission (seating in row 2 & 3)
We are so excited to support Ms. Teka Marie in her fabulous vision as Creative Director!
Spring Cleaning T-Shirt Sale!
Please purchase your Curves Beautifully Empowered Experience T-shirt for just $25.00 (T-shirt $17.05, Shipping $7.95) your purchase of a shirt will include a gift from our Founder & CEO of a beautiful stylus ball point pen and inspirational note book.
To purchase: paypal.me/kimberlyjwalker
In Paypal comments please state your t-shirt size and mailing address for shipment. All sales will ship within 48 business hours.
Sizes available until sold out:
Excited to invite you to join me every Friday beginning my birthday week on APRIL 7, 2017 as I take on issues that WE need and MUST talk about.
Let me make a quick list so you know what I am talking about.
1. I am fine! – But are we really? Why don’t we speak the truth?
2. I will DO something! – We are often glistened eyes and ready to jump at doing something and then we fall off. How can we stop doing that?
3. Define Acceptance – I will let that marinated, how often do we accept the things that we can change?
This will be some gooooood chat so please join me on my Instagram: KimberlyWalkercbe, Periscope: Kimberlyjwalker and of course Facebook Live: www.facebook.com/kimjwalker
Check out my contact page and 1 click get you there!
We have been fortunate to have several sponsorship that will allow us to give a way 10 tickets to Curves Beautifully Empowered Experience II on January 21st, 2017 starting at 11:30am. A day dedicated to inspiring and empowering women.
How do you win?
Submit 3 statements that will EMPOWER a woman you know. And add her name and email address because she will also be selected for a ticket if your submission wins.
1. “Mary Jane is articulate and knows how to share the right information with the right people.”
2. “Mary Jane has an sense of style that makes me step up my wardrobe.”
3. “I admire Mary Jane’s ability to be strong at tough times and to always smiles regardless what life toss her way.”
Submit 3 Statements that inspire you in life.
1. “I am good and everything that I put my heart in will benefit from my goodness.”
2. “I am not perfect but I am imperfectly me everyday in my authentic self.”
3. “I am more than enough, each and everyday, in each and every way.”
Email submission to firstname.lastname@example.org